The Vermont armed security guard is someone that will be licensed in both security and in firearms to hold a position in security sector. The person that applies for a Vermont armed security guard license will need to complete the application and submit other information, such as fingerprint and a background check that are outlined in the Vermont statute Title 26, Section 3174.
The requirements include:
- The applicant will be at least 18 years of age at the time of the application
- A photo Vermont driver’s license or state identification card
- A valid social security number
- The information provided on the application must be filled out properly and complete.
- The applicant will need to successfully pass a required examination that is outlined in Title 26, Section 3175.
- A background check is required
The person that is applying for a Vermont armed security license will have the application reviewed and the decision made by a board, this license must be obtained and kept current for the amount of time the applicant works in the security sector.
The armed security guard will also require training; this training will provide them with the skills that are needed in order to perform their duties within the security sector. The Vermont armed security guard will be trained to handle all functions of their position and emergencies.
The training can include:
- Education in properly writing reports
- The legal and ethical issues that could arise
- The use of force and its limits
- The legal limit for use of force
- Education in working with professional authorities like police and firemen.
- Emergency training that can include CPR.
- Firearms training
The licensed armed security guard in the state of Vermont will find many selections opened to them, these can be in different types of settings that the trained guard will be qualified to perform the duties expected in these positions.
The field employment opportunities that are available to the armed security guard in the state of Vermont are:
- The security sector in airports, bus stations and train stations
- Banking and financial institutions
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Malls and retail locations
- State and government offices and buildings
- Private offices and buildings
- Housing and apartment areas
- Private security for individuals
These are a small sample of the types of employment available to the Vermont armed security guard and ones that can be filled by the security guard that has been educated to perform the duties that will be expected of them. This is the type of employment where the armed security guard protects the public, against crime, and other dangers, and protects the structures against criminals or terrorists.