The unarmed security guard in the state of Arkansas must be licensed to work within the security sector. There are certain requirements they must fulfill in order to obtain state licensing that includes personal information and training at a state certified facility. The unarmed security guard license will be issued by the Arkansas Department of Public Safety and will be valid for four years. During the four years, the license is valid each year the applicant must take a refresher course to keep their unarmed security guard license in good standing.
The unarmed security guard will find many employment opportunities once the requirements have been met and the Department of Public Safety has issues the Arkansas license. It is against the rules to work in as an unarmed security guard in the state of Arkansas without a license.
The personal requirements are:
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- The applicant must hold a high school diploma or an equivalency certification.
- They must prove the right to work within the United States.
- They will submit to a background check.
- The applicant will be fingerprinted.
- The applicant must not have any convictions for felonies.
- The applicant must take a state certified training course prior to applying for an Arkansas unarmed security guard license.
The training the unarmed security guard trainee will need is a state certified course, which will prepare the applicant to work in the security environment. This training will include education in the laws that will pertain to their employment and the training needed to handle emergencies.
The training will include:
- The legal and ethical issues in Arkansas.
- There will be training for medical emergencies.
- Emergency fire training.
- Apprehending and holding suspects
- Professionalism in working with official agencies
The trained unarmed security guard will be educated to handle medical and fire emergencies. They will understand the proper format when dealing with police and fire officials and how to professionally handle criminal suspects. The training will need to be updated yearly in order to keep the four year unarmed security guard license current. The license must be renewed prior to the expiration date of the four-year license.
The trained and licensed Arkansas unarmed security guard will find employment in many areas of the security sector and will be required once employed to keep their license current. They may also be requested to hold a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
Employment the applicant will be will be qualified for are places such as:
- Malls and retail stores.
- Public and private office buildings
- Schools and colleges
- State and federal buildings
- Parks and other outdoor facilities
These are some of the employment opportunities and there are also private unarmed security positions that are available to the Arkansas unarmed security guard. The state certified training, which will prepare the unarmed guard to work efficiently in any of these positions, whether public or private in a professional manner.