The unarmed security guard is required in the state of Washington to obtain a license to work in the security field as an unarmed security guard. The license also means opportunity to work within the security field in a variety of job placements.
The licensing process means filling out a Washington state unarmed security guard license application this application will also have other requirements including:
- The applicant will need to be at least 21 years of age
- The applicant will need to be a resident of the state of Washington
- A valid Washington state driver’s license or state photo identification card will be needed
- The applicant will submit a fingerprint card
- There will be a criminal background check
The requirements once met for the application and submitted with the proper fee will entitle the unarmed security guard to work in many different areas where security is needed. The security guard training that is available will prepare the unarmed security guard to work within the field.
The training will include education in skills such as:
- Working with other security professionals, including police and fire officials
- Training in legal and ethical issues
- Training in medical emergencies and can include CPR
- The amount of force that can be used
- The legal detainment of suspects
- Properly written reports
The training for the unarmed security guard that is provided at a certified training center enables the person to work within the security field and prepares them for any type of situation that might occur during their duty hours. The skills they have and education will prepare the unarmed security guard to work within the security field.
The positions that the unarmed guard will be prepared to work in are:
- Airports, bus and train stations
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Malls and retail locations
- State and government offices
- Private office buildings
- Financial institutions
- Housing and apartment areas
This is some of the locations where the Washington unarmed security guard is able to find employment, for which they have the skill and training to protect the building and public. The licensing will need to be kept current the entire time that the unarmed security guard is employed in the security sector. There will not be a requirement for the unarmed security guard to carry a firearm and they will not need a firearms license.