Course: Armed Security License
NC PPSB Armed Security Guard License
(24 Hour Course)
- This is the required security course that provides the security guard training necessary to work legally as an armed security guard in the State of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Private Protective Services (NC PPS) will issue a license that will allow Students to begin working as a security guard upon completion of this course and successfully submitting the proper State application and required forms.
- Students that complete the armed security guard training must renew their license annually.
- Students may take this course prior to seeking employment. The attained certificate can be used for pre-employment certification that the required training has been completed.
- FREE job board for all Students!
- Legal Limitations
- Rules & Regulations Relating To Armed Security Guards
- Handgun Safety
- Handgun Operation & Maintenance
- Handgun Fundamentals
- Night Firing
- Other Required Armed Topics
- The North Carolina PPS mandates that applicants for armed security licenses must be at least 21 years of age, have no disqualifying criminal history, and be legally allowed to work in the United States.
- Security Officers must have a valid unarmed license in order to obtain the armed security license.
- A Licensing Fee must be paid directly to the North Carolina PPS. This fee is not included in the course price.
- If an armed security guard terminates his or her employment with the contract security company or proprietary security organization, the firearm registration permit expires and must be returned to the Board within 15 working days of the date of termination of the employee.
If you currently hold a PPS license, a renewal application will be mailed to your address of record 60 days prior to the expiration of the license(s). If you wish to apply for an additional license, a change of status, change of company or any other changes, you should contact the PPS licensing staff directly for instructions and application forms.
Seats are limited, so reserve your place now!