Course: Unarmed Security License
NC PPSB Unarmed Security Guard License
(16 Hour Course)
- This is the required introductory security course that provides the security guard training necessary to work legally as an unarmed security guard in the State of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Private Protective Services (NC PPS) will issue a license that will allow Students to begin working as a security guard upon completion of this course and successfully submitting the proper State application and required forms.
- Students that complete the unarmed security guard training must renew their license annually.
- Students may take this course prior to seeking employment. The attained certificate can be used for pre-employment certification that the required training has been completed.
- FREE job board for all Students!
- North Carolina Chapter 74C
- Legal Issues and Liabilities
- Emergency Response
- Field Note Taking
- Report Writing
- Other Required Topics
- The North Carolina PPS mandates that applicants for unarmed security licenses must be at least 18 years of age, have no disqualifying criminal history, and be legally allowed to work in the United States.
- Security Officers must have a valid unarmed license in order to obtain the armed security license.
- A Licensing Fee must be paid directly to the North Carolina PPS. This fee is not included in the course price.
If you currently hold a PPS license, a renewal application will be mailed to your address of record 60 days prior to the expiration of the license(s). If you wish to apply for an additional license, a change of status, change of company or any other changes, you should contact the PPS licensing staff directly for instructions and application forms.
Seats are limited, so reserve your place now!